This is a GREAT alternative to a meat curry. It is filling and packed with goodness. Add more green vegetables to this to make it even healthier!
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
1/2 Onion, finely chopped
1 Garlic Clove
1 teaspoon of Turmeric
1 teaspoon of Medium Curry Powder
120g Red Lentils
1/2 teaspoon of Chilli Powder
1 pint of Vegetable Stock
2 Cauliflower Florets
500g Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions until soft.
- Add the garlic, Turmeric, Curry Powder and Chilli Powder and give it a stir.
- Add the lentils and most of the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the Cauliflower and Potatoes, cover, and simmer for about 20 – 30 minutes or until the lentils are cooked. Add more of the stock if it is drying out.
- Place into bowls and serve with salad.