This is an easy recipe that is sure to impress your friends!
2 Medium eggs
1 Tin of Tomatoes
½ deseeded chilli
½ a white onion
1 clove of garlic
100g Plain flour
approx. 100 ml water
small handful of coriander
Salt to season
1. Peel and finely dice the onion, smash and rough chop the garlic then finely slice the chilli.
2. Put a little bit of oil in a pan and heat gently, add the onion, garlic and chilli.
3. Once these have sweated down slightly add the tin of tomatoes and bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15-20 mins.
4. Crack the eggs directly into the sauce and put a lid on, keep removing the lid to check to see when the egg is done.
5. For the chapattis put the flour in a mixing bowl and add a generous pinch of salt, slowly start adding the water until the dough comes together and is slightly wet to the touch.
6. Flour your work surface and break a small amount off the dough and roll out to about ¼ of a cm thick (as round as possible). Heat a frying pan until just about smoking and put the chapatti in and cook for about 2 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Next remove the chapatti form the pan and put it directly on the flame to puff up then flip it and repeat.
7. Put your chapatti on the plate and spoon over some of the tomato sauce with the eggs, roughly chop some coriander and sprinkle over.